[How do I?] Looking for advice on power requirement on a VFD for PM-1440GT and PM-949TV ?

Golden Guns

Registered
Registered
I have just purchased a PM-1440GT Lathe 3 phase and looking if anyone out there has ran a VFD on there lathe. I have also purchase a PM-949TV milling machine 3 phase and looking if anyone is running a VFD and if so What size Of VFDS? Any help would be great.

You might review some of the previous posts on this subject for both the 1440GT as well as the PM-935 and PM-949. Parts and programming for the Hitachi WJ200-022SF have been previously posted, but if there is some specific's or you are looking for something let me know. On the mill I have some simple designs, I usually include a tach and ring light housing. I believe a few people have also 3D printed holder for the ring light/tach sensor for the 935, but should not be difficult to adapt it to the PM-949. On the 1440GT many forum members have done what I call the basic VFD install which strips out the high voltage to the forward/reverse contactors and uses them for the low voltage inputs to the VFD. These designs are VFD specific, not interchangeable with other VFD's w/o modifications and different programming.

Simple mill design:

PM 935 Mill Control 31 OCT 2019.jpgMill Basic Control System 1.jpg
Mill Basic Control System 2.jpg

Attachments

• Mill 3 wire control with JOG rev date 05 DEC 2018.pptx.pdf
    89.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Mill 3HP WJ200 VFD programming parameters.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • PM935 Mill 3HP WJ200 VFD programming parameters.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Back