taltexan

Registered
Registered
For this lodge and Shipley...

Attachments

• 1365A416-6AB3-465C-AFF2-56693BDBE6C3.jpeg
    1365A416-6AB3-465C-AFF2-56693BDBE6C3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
I know a few. There's Bob and Mindy and Sue, Frankie and Howard and Dave... Boricio and Algernon and Frederick... I can go for awhile before referencing a book of baby names. I call my chuck Chuck, and my hex keys Allen, and when I'm working longer stock, I call my tailstock Sloopy because it has to hang on. I call medium hammers "M.C." and large ones Mjolnir. My fancy driver bit handle goes by Steve McQueen, and the portable generator is (of course) Genny. Are these the names you're looking for? This is the joke of the day thread, right...?

Pretty funny alright! I think the AVS came out back in the 1960s.

That other machinist forum (PM) has a thread called "1970 L & S avs" which has a similar machine including a picture with controls numbered and later a description of what each does... Shamrock machinery in Galveston among others sells an owner's manual.

Nearly all industrial lathes have controls with pretty much the same layout, it ain't rocket science.

the above machine according to the brochure has 2 ranges with 3 gear changes per range. which control is the range change and which control handles the 3 gear change per range. I was hoping someone had a manual that I could get a picture of control levers and functions on the gear head.
I see there are a lot of comedians on the forum.

While it is true that many of us worked in standup before getting into machining (better hours, and the crowd isn't nearly as brutal), I think that you will find the info you seek will more generally than not show up from someone. It looks like samstu above pointed you in a viable direction. A little humor these days goes a long ways toward making life a little more bearable. Welcome to the forum, and hope you get it figured out. Mike

Back