Looking for EVEREDE triangle hss inserts

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
Calling all tool hoaders I’m looking for some little hss triangle inserts that fit everede boring bars. The size I’m most interested in are .150 across the width. I’d also be interested in ones that are .250 across the width. Anybody?

I thought this was just brought up recently and I think I came across a few inserts and bars . Ugly dog is also looking for anything Everede . I'll check again to see what I have .

Assuming they are TDBA or TPGB, A.R. Warner T-15 inserts could work. From Everede:

IMG_6686_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

There is 3 of these boring bars with extra inserts on e bay right now.
Joe

I believe these are what he is looking for.

I too am always on the lookout for these in the wild. Love those boring bars.
1c70f1fc4d476dec5e86c5a3bc2cd233.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.
Gotcha

I’m sorry I didn’t realize everede had insert style bars too. Twhite is on track those are what I’m looking for. My bars look like thisIMG_4447.jpegIMG_4449.jpegIMG_4448.jpeg
I might have found the inserts on travers. These are one of those things that I think people run across and don’t know what they are. When cut up they are small and I would think they get tossed out or put in a drawer and forgotten of.
I have some hss blanks I’m thinking of cutting up and grinding to shape on my tool grinder. It’ll be a challenge holding but might be doable.
For anyone that doesn’t know these are great boring bars!

Be aware that the triangular (cross section) tool bits have one long edge that is slightly radiused (or chamfered). That edge is to be installed down into the V groove on the bar (to clear a fillet radius at the bottom of the V groove). If you make your own tool bits, break that one edge.

Bit late to this party...

These boring bars are THE BEST for home shops. I have a large selection, all obtained from years of eBay searching.

Back