Looking for Headstock bearing information

rbahr

Registered
Registered
Hi All,

Been absent with to many other projects and that pesky little life thing happening - among other things spent 2 weeks in Honduras trying to figure out how to get home...

Any way, does anyone have the part numbers for the various bearings in the headstock, particularly the spindle? Also, are these ABEC 9?

Hope everyone is healthy!

Thanks

Ray

Glad you made it back safely Ray. I haven't tore into the headstock enough to know the answer, but I'll be taking down this info incase I ever need it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

It was touch and go, we left and there was no crisis, 12 hours before we were to come back everything went a bit crazy, the airlines told us to go screw, and as you can expect, a lot of politics... Any way we areback and I am trying to find time to get back into this...

Likewise, Ray, I have not had to do any headstock work. I’m sure you have all the docs I have, but I will double check, since I do have the original manual that came new with the lathe.

Welcome home!

Thanks guys, the docs I have, have no part numbers...

All in favor of Ray tearing his headstock apart with detailed instructions and documenting headstock bearing numbers raise your hand lol thanks in advance

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

My manual, which looks like a very early version, with hand drawn cross sections, shows two tapered roller bearings on the spindle. The parts list shows that the part numbers are N0234 for the smaller left side bearing and N0269 for the larger right side bearing.

I would guess that this info won’t help. :-(

Yes, you may be leading the attack, Ray. We’re right behind you. Really.

I have no idea how to get rid of these double insertions. Sorry.
Curt

Back