Looking to purchase PM-935TV next year.. anyone familiar with this machine?

I'm thinking of going the CNC route in the future so a knee mill may not be the best choice
I have the PM940V-PDF and I like it, it did required a bit of tuning and I did break a t-bolt on it recently but I have found it to be a good mill. 1300 pounds on the floor, I run a 3" face mill with it and 1" end mills often.

I have the PM940V-PDF and I like it, it did required a bit of tuning and I did break a t-bolt on it recently but I have found it to be a good mill. 1300 pounds on the floor, I run a 3" face mill with it and 1" end mills often.
that is because your a Gorilla, lol

I just installed a PM-935TS in the shop today, I can tell you the table slides are buttery smooth and easy, I assumed I would install at least a X drive, but they are so easy to turn ..I will need to use this awhile 1st to see if its really nessasary.

I just installed a PM-935TS in the shop today, I can tell you the table slides are buttery smooth and easy, I assumed I would install at least a X drive, but they are so easy to turn ..I will need to use this awhile 1st to see if its really nessasary.
I would install an x-axis feed on the table to use when milling to maintain a consistent feed and better finish.

I'm thinking of going the CNC route in the future so a knee mill may not be the best choice
Keep the small mill and skip the Knee Mill, put the extra cash or a better CNC. Like one of the entry level Haas machines. Why get a Tormarch when you are a knee mill away from a Haas?

Just my thought.

Keep the small mill and skip the Knee Mill, put the extra cash or a better CNC. Like one of the entry level Haas machines. Why get a Tormarch when you are a knee mill away from a Haas?

Just my thought.
well if you like doing 0ne-off parts and do not like designing in cad then you do not want a Haas or Tormarch. i have an Axiom 2'x4' and love it but i only like to use it for complex parts or large numbers of identical parts.

well if you like doing 0ne-off parts and do not like designing in cad then you do not want a Haas or Tormarch. i have an Axiom 2'x4' and love it but i only like to use it for complex parts or large numbers of identical parts.
This is why I have no use for a CNC. Almost everything I do is a custom one-off part.

Just my thought.
Better yet, just skip the mill all together. For most of us the machines never pay off - just design the parts and order them from your local CNC shop, or even online, and apply the saved funds to a good stamp collection.
But really, this is hobby-machinist.com. We have machines because we like to scrap our metal manually ;)

Back