Low cost slim glass scale

OK, thanks. But I should be able to revise the connector end of one of these scales to match the ToAuto pinout, right?
Usually it's easy to rewire the connector end. Not always, sometimes the end is potted. But then I cut off the end and try to reuse it, or source another connector. DB-9's are cheap and it's good to have a few spares around. Try to use heat shrink on adjacent wires, especially if the connector has a hood, it's possible for them to short when you cram in the wires and screw on the cover.

OK, thanks. Here’s how the connector end of the YHSINO slim scale is setup:
IMG_4368.jpeg

And the ToAuto pinout
IMG_4369.jpeg

I should be able to revise scale connector to the ToAuto pin layout, right?

Last edited:
OK, thanks. Here’s how the connector end of the YHSINO slim scale is setup:
View attachment 487176
And the ToAuto pinout
View attachment 487177

I should be able to revise scale connector to the ToAuto pin layout, right?
Yes. Before you start, take off the hood or cover, and take a picture or two. Check the colors before you start! Sometimes the OEM makes changes. Write down any changes if any. Then rewire as required. If you have some small diameter heat shrink put it on pins 1 and 3, (+5V and A) as a safeguard. It's not a difficult operation, you'll be done in far less than 30 minutes. It may take longer to collect the iron, solder and set up a small vise to hold the connector than to do the work. Good luck.

Had a look at one of these yesterday, Amazon delivered it in less than 24 hours.

Here's how these YHSINO scales compare to a ToAuto sizewise:
YSHINO-ToAuto End View Compare1.jpg

YSHINO-ToAuto End View Compare 2.jpg

YSHINO-ToAuto Top View Compare.jpg

The read head will fit between the ways of a G0602. Next to the cross slide:
YSHINO-G0602 Cross Slide.jpg

Looks like this will work out physically, a better option than a full size glass scale for the cross slide

Last edited:
Had a look at the wiring and how to connect the YHSINO . Ordered some DB9 connectors and will try it out
YHSINO to ToAuto DB9 Wiring.jpg

ToAuto DB9 Pinout.jpg

DB9 from the YHSINO scale cable came apart with 2 screws, not potted and looks like this:
YSHINO DB9 Wiring.jpg

Shield soldered to the ToAuto and YHSINO connector cases like this:
ToAuto DB9 Connector.jpg

Should work like this, right?

Last edited:
Had a look at one of these yesterday, Amazon delivered it in less than 24 hours.

Here's how these YHSINO scales compare to a ToAuto sizewise:
View attachment 487495
View attachment 487496
View attachment 487497

The read head will fit between the ways of a G0602. Next to the cross slide:
View attachment 487500

Looks like this will work out physically, a better option than a full size glass scale for the cross slide
I also like the shield and included mounting bracket included with these scales a lot better than the Vevor units i purchased and only about $10 more in price.

it would be interesting to see what Ycroosh has to say about them.

Agreed on the brackets that come with the YHSINO unit, very nice and should be all I need to complete the install with it.

Back