MagXact MX-100M probe input

Archer60x

Registered
Registered
Quick question on the DRO for my PM728VT that i got yesterday.

There is an input for a probe on the back of the DRO display. Is this enabled? Can i use a probe?

Thanks!
Chad

1703769264961.png

It should be useable. The documentation I have is for the MX200, but should be the same.

Attachments

• Probe Connection Details.docx
    64.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Probe function.docx
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
Thanks Mike! I will check this out!

Any idea what the probe in that document is made with? I see a basic switch, but there appears to be some block on the wiring. Any idea what is inside of it?

Chad

DRO Pro touch probe is compatible but is ridiculously expensive, as it is not a powered probe just a mechanical contact type or passive probe. Years ago Tormach sold the same probe for $200. Use to be similar copies on eBay, but most are powered type with a LED. I purchased the DRO Pros with an EL700 many years ago as a package, but do not use it as my mechanical type (Haimer, Tschorn) are more accurate for setting the edge. When used for centering it is accurate. On edge finding the DRO Pros touch probe will get you to 0.001" accuracy, but because it uses 3 mechanical contacts and the stylus needs to deflect which breaks the contact. Depending on the relative position of the contacts to the angle of deflection there is some non-linearity to when the switch opens. The probe plug has two contacts on it, should be a standard type, I can measure mine if you need to know the size.

Attachments

• 1703778501341.png
    1703778501341.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Back