Maximizing Versitilty

Fabrickator

Active User
Registered
About a year ago I bought a mini 4-Jaw chuck (UniMat 2 ½”/ 65mm) for a for a Tailstock Off-Center Tapering jig using an M3 mount. I can also mount it in the spindle with an M3/M4 adapter. The other day I was working on another project where I wished I could also use it in my rotary table so I made a simple adapter plate. Not only did this give me more versatility now having 4-Jaw, but it’s also has a much lower profile than my 4” 3-Jaw that I bought with the RT. Once it was mounted to the adapter plate, I found that I needed to throw the part back in the lathe and I could do this w/o dismounting the part using the adapter plate and running perfectly true.

I love it when I get to use a tool or fixture for more than the intended purpose, maximizing both my dollar and my tooling arsenal.

IMG_0668.JPG IMG_2187.JPG IMG_2189.JPG IMG_2196.JPG IMG_2199.JPG IMG_2202.JPG IMG_2207.JPG

Last edited:
I decided that I still needed to adapt my collet tooling set to the Rotary Table so I made another adapter plate. It's a very simple "sandwich" plate with the register on Side A to fit the collet and Side B to register in the RT. This opens up even more height on the Z Axis and provides stronger holding power without marring softer medias. I now have 3 chucking option and a tooling plate for the RT.

IMG_2212.JPG IMG_2214.JPG IMG_2218.JPG IMG_2221.JPG IMG_2222.JPG IMG_2233.JPG IMG_2237.JPG

From what I can tell from the small pics , those look like usefull tools
It takes 4min per pic to view full size on this site

From what I can tell from the small pics , those look like usefull tools
It takes 4min per pic to view full size on this site
I thought I was the only one with that problem. I do fine if the threads is made with full soccer pictures.

Back