Resolved More screen corruption woes

jmarkwolf

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Logged in this morning to find this:

Hobby_Machinist_Screencap_30JAN20.jpg

The screen is nearly entirely blocked with ads, and the menu mid screen. The content scrolled behind the ads and the menu.

... and this:

Hobby_Machinist_Screencap_30JAN20_b.jpg

The menu bar stays put, and the content scrolls behind it.

I wonder if all the ads are not playing well with the web site somehow.

Last edited:
What browser are you using? All seems well on my setup with Chrome on a Windows PC.

Upvote 0
Interesting. I'm also running Eset anti-virus, Windows 7 firewall/anti-virus and ad block plus. Seems to me I should be seeing that problem too. Maybe a strange video driver issue? Seems unlikely but maybe. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your efforts.

Some background that may be useful to you:
Win10
Google Chrome browser
No Ad blocker
HP Pavilion laptop

Further, I've been remiss in donating to your Hobby Machinist website and I will be doing so forthwith.

Mark Wolf

Upvote 0
Logged in this morning to find this:

View attachment 312010

The screen is nearly entirely blocked with ads, and the menu mid screen. The content scrolled behind the ads and the menu.

... and this:

View attachment 312011

The menu bar stays put, and the content scrolls behind it.

I wonder if all the ads are not playing well with the web site somehow.
Hey jmarkwolf, that's what the last 3 or 4 of my hiccups looked like on Tuesday night?
Don't let the recent problems hinder you from donating. The way they've worked to get things squared away encouraged me to get off my duff and donate. No regrets. It's amazing how quickly you can run through the site when there are no ads to slow you down.
Greg

I'm running ubuntu, chrome and no blockers other than what chrome comes with.

Upvote 0
Yes, unfortunately, I am seeing this problem (intermittently) only on Chromium and outdated versions of Chrome - on Linux. I haven't been able to replicate this on Win 10. I think that it may have something to do with the Google Adsense code and some strange combination of Ubuntu/Chrome/Chromium issues.

jmarkwolf, with the absence of ads. Has the problem gone away? This would trace the problem to the Adsense code.

Upvote 0
Back