• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[4]

Must Have Safety Item If You Have A Truck With A Cover

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

CluelessNewB

Active Resistor
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Mine is not nearly as fancy! I will get pictures if I remember. I know several people who use store bought boat hooks.

psychodelicdan

Active User
That's fun to see. My dad just uses a little narrow garden rake. Not as cool but works.

Master of unfinished projects

Mondo from Machinistweb whose users hate H-M

Just here until we take over Machinistweb
DSC02922.JPG DSC02923.JPG DSC02924.JPG

4 feet long 3/8" dia. Aluminum rod purchased at local hardware store. Bent a hook in one end and threaded the other. Drilled 3/8" hole through 1-1/2" D x 3.5L Aluminum tube. Fed threaded end of rod into the tube, installed one SS nut, fed rod rest of the way through the tube and added second SS nut. Tightened the nuts to act as clamp on the tube wall. Light and works great! I have had this for 9 years.

MetalMonkey

Iron
Registered Member
I took an old, bad, paint roller handle, and stripped the roller off. Then cut and bent what was left of the roller 'axle shaft' into the shape that I wanted... Take any old broom stick and it just screws right on! I even put it on my extending fiberglass pole for hanging Christmas lights and such from gutters or from higher branches in trees, etc.etc.etc.

Superburban

My Dad had a 7 foot or so piece of 1/2" PVC pipe, with a right angle fitting, and about a 3" piece glued to that.

[6]
[5] [7]