My Rotary Table Is Too Big! Is It Possible?

So I have been looking for a rotary table for my vertical mill (Millport 9 x 42) I was looking for a 10"or 12" is his to big?

I have a 10" one that came along at a good price, it's about as heavey as I would like to lift without some sort of hoist or roll around table at the same height as the mill. :)

The large surface makes clamping nice and easy.

Stuart

Well it turns out i missed out on it any way. Too busy fighting kids to bed and the auction ended. Atleast now i have asked the question i know what to look for. I have about 400mm travel on my Y axis so I have some options.

Looks like that mill is plenty big enough for a 16". I have an 8" super spacer and with the chuck it weighs 175 lbs. I really don't want to wrestle with any more than that.

I've got a 15" bridgeport rotary table , it was just purchased at a sale . Needless to say I don't need it but I couldn't leave it deal. Since I have a brand new 10" I bought a few months ago. The 15" has a few light table digs or tool marks . I think my mill drill will tip over with the 15"on it but I would use it if I needed to. I could be talked into a trade for a vertical bandsaw with blade welder .

I've got a 15" bridgeport rotary table , it was just purchased at a sale . Needless to say I don't need it but I couldn't leave it deal. Since I have a brand new 10" I bought a few months ago. The 15" has a few light table digs or tool marks . I think my mill drill will tip over with the 15"on it but I would use it if I needed to. I could be talked into a trade for a vertical bandsaw with blade welder .
Im in Australia. I think postage would be a problem

Im in Australia. I think postage would be a problem
Yupp but I sure would like to visit. I was invited to visit about twenty years ago while shooting trap at the grand American in Ohio . I was in shoot offs with several men for a trophy , needless to say I won and they liked the fact that even from my wheelchair I could out shoot twenty men in shoot offs . After that night we hung around for rest of the Grand. My 15" would fit your mill real nice.

Back