My son died of a heroin overdose.

Erik I am so heartbroken to hear of your loss. Heroin is a horrendous drug. I’m speaking with firsthand knowledge because 25 years ago, I was a junkie. I had always been able to take pills without ever getting addicted. I could go months without usage and yet then start again with Pills. Always thought I could handle any drug. And then one day someone turned me on to heroin.
I have to tell you, after 3 days I was hooked. Physically addicted to heroin. I tried to stop it on the forth day but the withdrawals were TEN TIMES WORSE than any flu I ever had. Aching pains in bones along with chills and sweating. Heroin is brutal. I truly believe it’s the forbidden fruit in the bible.
And as karma is in life, then 20 years later my son was hooked on it. Every day I was dreading a phone call that he overdosed. As bad as it was when I was using, heroin didn’t have fentanyl in it back then. It’s a national dilemma in my opinion. America needs a national health care initiative for free treatment nationwide. We have a serious problem with unemployment and depression on one hand....low opportunities for High school graduates and that creates depression. And then there ‘s the heroin which is dirt cheap and flooding our streets. It’s easier to get heroin than a Rx for Vicodin. Crazy in my opinion. Just crazy. Because the day the DEA figured out how to stop doctor shopping and the day they cracked down on Rx drugs..... the cartels flooded our streets with cheap heroin. The cartels are Fortune 100 companies with business accountants and College educated business managers. They set up distribution in Chicago because it has great infrastructure.

ive said my rant Erik. But I’ll leave you with this. There is nothing you could have done. Heroin is just the strongest addiction on earth. I am so sorry sir. So very sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
Erik I am so heartbroken to hear of your loss. Heroin is a horrendous drug. I’m speaking with firsthand knowledge because 25 years ago, I was a junkie. I had always been able to take pills without ever getting addicted. I could go months without usage and yet then start again with Pills. Always thought I could handle any drug. And then one day someone turned me on to heroin.
I have to tell you, after 3 days I was hooked. Physically addicted to heroin. I tried to stop it on the forth day but the withdrawals were TEN TIMES WORSE than any flu I ever had. Aching pains in bones along with chills and sweating. Heroin is brutal. I truly believe it’s the forbidden fruit in the bible.
And as karma is in life, then 20 years later my son was hooked on it. Every day I was dreading a phone call that he overdosed. As bad as it was when I was using, heroin didn’t have fentanyl in it back then. It’s a national dilemma in my opinion. America needs a national health care initiative for free treatment nationwide. We have a serious problem with unemployment and depression on one hand....low opportunities for High school graduates and that creates depression. And then there heroin.
ive said my rant Erik. But I’ll leave you with this. There is nothing you could have done. Heroin is just the strongest addiction on earth. I am so sorry sir. So very sorry for your loss.
Well said, Tim.

Back