My son died of a heroin overdose.

erikmannie

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I feel so sad to post this, but my 25 year old son Shane died two days ago of a heroin overdose. His body was discovered by his mother.

He had been clean for about 3 months, but an ill advised family member gave him $50 cash. All family members had been warned repeatedly about giving cash to somebody in such a fragile position. He immediately scored the drugs & took a fatal overdose. There were several indications that the overdose was unintentional.

I am so sad, and also angry at him for doing that. My relationship with the family member who gave him cash is also severely damaged because I was one of the people who reminded her about once every two weeks about how any heroin that he bought was certain to contain fentanyl, and it only takes a few times before one suffers a fentanyl overdose. I must have reminded her half a dozen times to never give him cash.

He leaves behind a 7 year old daughter.

I will never forget my sheer horror when I was told the news. Shane had just texted me one day earlier and told me that he was clean & sober.

Last edited:
I’m so sad to read this and think about the loss. Sometimes it seems no matter what one does, it can’t prevent a result. My best thoughts are with you.

Wow, so sad to hear this & sorry for your loss.

I’m very saddened to hear that, Erik. Twenty-five years old is hardly up to running speed yet, you must be devastated. My thoughts to you and your family.

-frank

About 3 years ago, he had perfect health, a great job, a home and a happy young family. From the time he started using, he lost these things one by one until he eventually lost everything.

This is the ultimate fear of any parent, I just can't come up with words to console you, please accept my condolences.

Prayers going out for you and your family

Oh my goodness. I’m so sorry Erik.
To lose ones child is horrible, and to a drug overdose perhaps worse.
My thoughts and prayers to you, your wife and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back