My wife

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
Odd I found this, odder that I’m posting, but desperate times require desperate measures...
So my wife found the lump, we knew it would be nothing, they biopsied and it was cancerous. They removed it and her “sentinel” node...they found cancer in it to. They sent it off, we really hoped it would be a simple kind of cancer, unfortunately it requires chemo. I’m 50, she’s 47, we’ve been together since she was 20...maybe 19. It’s hard to wrap my mind around this, but yeah, my wife has breast cancer and will be starting chemo soon. Any positive thoughts/prayers are appreciated.

Try to remain positive!!!!Early detection plays such an important role in issues of this nature. Know that this community as a whole sends its collective best wishes for a fast and complete recovery. Your absolute support is her crutch. Sammy.

The good news is that breast cancer has excellent survival rates nowadays. We have many friends that are long term survivors. Best wishes for you and your wife.

i can't fathom the insecurity you both are going through.
trust that all things happen for reasons unbeknownst to us all.
my sincere wish is that recovery will be swift

The good news is that breast cancer has excellent survival rates nowadays. We have many friends that are long term survivors. Best wishes for you and your wife.
100% true, based on what I've read , breast cancer is not the end for many years now, my sister in law went through chemo therapy and all and she has been cancer free for 8 years now, she is 82 years old. we don't know what future holds but it is very likely you and your wife will survive this.

Do not lose hope. Your wife may very well die with the cancer, not from it. Treatments today have incrementally improved tremendously from earlier ones, with better outcomes on a regular basis. I have had multiple unrelated cancer surgeries, over several decades, and am still going strong and healthy overall. A positive attitude is good medicine against the cancer, and is also a much better way to live our lives. Don't let the cancer define yourselves or your relationship. Make each day matter in a positive way.

As already stated, cancer treatments are very effective these days. And yes it can be scary, but be positive - your wife needs to see you as being strong for her.
I wish her much success and a rapid recovery.

I just competed 6 months of Chemo and it alters your person during the treatments, my wife was very supportive and didn't flinch when my appetite changed and didn't know if I want to eat or not - she got me through it. Be understanding and strong for your wife.

David

All my best wishes for a great outcome.
I have a friend at work that has been declared cancer free five years after her treatments.

-brino

Back