Need Advise-help, Old Band Saw

Thanks for all the replies, it gives me a bunch to think about. May have to just order a metal blade for this and try it, then if not working, find a way to change the motor out for a different one. some how.

The Ryobi I have is a newer model 9" with two wheels. It is actually a very nice little band saw and cuts very well. View attachment 99963

Frank, I have one of those two wheel 9 inch band saws too and couldn't do without it. As soon as I bought it, the three-wheel saw was given to a neighbor - they are just not in the same league. I have five wood-cutting saws and the little one does about half of all the work !

It hasn't broken a blade in the six years I've owned it and the construction is rugged enough that I would definitely consider a metal-cutting conversion. On mine, this would be very simple: install larger wheel pulley (there's plenty of room for one), a longer belt and a new blade. (Might have to either bore out or bush the new pulley but in any case, less than an hour's work.)

P1050026.JPG

Back