Need an X-Axis Screw for PM 833T

INTJ

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I need a couple of other parts as well. Movers tipped over the mill last year and it fell on X-Axis screw. Hoping someone has parts left over form a CNC conversion.

I have some of the bits and pieces from an old Industrial Hobbies RF-45 conversion. Maybe the machines are somewhat the same. If you supply some critical dimensions, I can check it against what I have.

Thanks--I will get you some measurements

Sounds like the perfect opertunity to upgrade to a ball screw....... momoney

Matt says having a ball screw while using the mill manually is a bad idea. He said it doesn't have enough resistance to hold in place. I don't really have a need for a CNC Mill, while I do need the funds to finish outfitting the new house.

Matt says having a ball screw while using the mill manually is a bad idea. He said it doesn't have enough resistance to hold in place. I don't really have a need for a CNC Mill, while I do need the funds to finish outfitting the new house.
Ask one of the guys doing an conversion to CNC. They will have a good screw and no use for it.

I did. No response yet from any of them.

Can you get a replacement through QMT/PM? Otherwise you can get precision lead screws with an AME thread and turn the ends if you have access to a lathe. There are also on-line vendors that will turn them to your specifications. Ball screws are a bad idea for manual lathe, in particular with climb milling. I have used CNC mills in manual mode and one needs to be very careful that the manual feed doesn't get away from you.

Can you get a replacement through QMT/PM? Otherwise you can get precision lead screws with an AME thread and turn the ends if you have access to a lathe. There are also on-line vendors that will turn them to your specifications. Ball screws are a bad idea for manual lathe, in particular with climb milling. I have used CNC mills in manual mode and one needs to be very careful that the manual feed doesn't get away from you.

I can get a replacement through PM, but it will take some time. Thus I am hoping someone has one form a left over CNC conversion. Reddinr has one that might work, but it will another week or so before I can pull out the X-Axis screw and measure.

I do have a lathe, a 1340GT that I put your upgraded circuit board in. I guess I could dial in an ACME screw like I do a barrel..........

I've got one from a 833TV, but depending on your location it might be a bunch in shipping. I'm in Alaska.

Back