663.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1752.png
    IMG_1752.png
    738.2 KB · Views: 54
12” Craftsman metal lathe

Follow this link for more information.

12” Craftsman metal lathe

Follow this link for more information.

Cool, the bed look pretty short and I don’t think they have the original stand for it. Asking $1000. Belongs to a 90 year old fellow and he’s having a hard time letting go of this and a few other machines. He has a square column Bridgeport but it also is in pretty rough condition. The table would need resurfacing at the least

I don’t know what a square column Bridgeport is.
I can’t speak on his price, but if it’s what you’re wanting for what you want to pay, then I guess you’re in business. Have fun!
Not that you asked, but make sure you read up on what all the attachments and accessories look like. That stuff is painful to replace later. It’s probably spread around his shop. He doesn’t appear to have been keeping house recently. Lol

I don’t know what a square column Bridgeport is.
I can’t speak on his price, but if it’s what you’re wanting for what you want to pay, then I guess you’re in business. Have fun!
Not that you asked, but make sure you read up on what all the attachments and accessories look like. That stuff is painful to replace later. It’s probably spread around his shop. He doesn’t appear to have been keeping house recently. Lol
I know right,lol. Place is a wreck

That is one of the better Craftsman lathes, A capable machine for sure. Fix it up I'm sure it would be a good addition to your shop, Nice shop you have too!

This looks like a later model lathe, and is a good one. Measure the width and thickness of the ways under the headstock to see if it has any wear. Look up what the accessories are as well so you can find them in the mess of that shop. See if it runs and see how smooth it turns. I got a good deal on a lathe at a yard sale that just needed the bearings tightened and lubed. $1,000 seems high for that lathe in that condition, but look for other machines in your area and see what they are priced at. If it comes with tons of accessories and tooling then $1K aint so bad.

Back