WTB Need steel round stock 9" diameter 5/8" thick min

keeena

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looking for steel round stock 9" in diameter (+/- 1/2" OK) at least 5/8"-3/4" thick. Its for a rotab fixture plate; grade isn't critical but generally would prefer 4000 grade over mild steel...but let me know what you've got!

Looking for steel round stock 9" in diameter (+/- 1/2" OK) at least 5/8"-3/4" thick. Its for a rotab fixture plate; grade isn't critical but generally would prefer 4000 grade over mild steel...but let me know what you've got!
I typically burn one from A36 plate.

You could buy 1144 the cost is 3X and harder to burn out.

Dave

Thanks! Never saw that ad - I had been looking at ebay off/on for a couple weeks now. A bit pricey, but eh...what isn't these days. I'll close out the post if I buy one of those.
I watched his 3/8” x 5” and got an offer for 10% off (but only 1 & I need 2, so I’m negotiating). He says to reach out if you need something not listed.

You might also consider adapting a lathe faceplate. Some have pre-made T slots.
That would be a great start; just need one that doesn't have a bore in the middle. I'll add it to my search.

I have LOTS of plate, not sure how much round I have though. I’ll go look after breakfast

Are you close enough to a Logan steel location? Their bargain barn frequently has rounds about that size, but can't remember if they were as thick as you are looking for. Most of the stuff in the barn is A36 if that will work for you.

Someone I know mentioned Logan to me a long time ago, but I forgot all about the place. Thx for the link; certainly within driving distance. I have some heavy gauge angle & box I need to pick up for a couple machine stands...sounds like I have a reason to go. :grin:

Back