New 12z Owner Here

So is it strange to dream of hitting the lottery and calling Matt at QM and ordering one of everything? II have that dream about once a month, and figure I will continue until they throw the first shovel of dirt in.....:)
Idk if pm would be my first call probably Bridgeport for nostalgia reasons. Then haas for something like a vf5. Then maybe a pm 1340gt and some sort of large engine lathe. Then a 5 axis machine, and then a shop to put it all in and then more lottery tickets cause id be close to broke.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Not going to use the space underneath for anything? I remember Bill having someone build him drawers, and I copied that idea.
upload_2015-12-14_6-18-18.png

Quite the setup you have going there, Jon. Very nice. The lights are a nice feature. The cabinet in the back is for electronics?

The drawers never materialized, although he says he has them done and sitting on a workbench at his house. He keeps forgetting?!? I'd actually forgotten about them to be honest. Also, never having sealed the bolt holes when I put this thing on it's stand now has oil leaking down the back bolts and dripping on the stand and floor. I get a little enthusiastic with the oiler and typically have oil sitting in the channels on the side of the base. I'd rather have the mill dripping oil than running too dry. :)

Eventually ill put something in there. Im just not sure what. Ive been looking at doing shelves, etc Ill figure that out later.

Out of curiosity what are the bolts in the side of the base for?

lifting. drop the head down, run the y all the way back, straps to the 4 bolts (there are 2 at the back also) and pickup above the head, easy peasy.

Last edited:
Are those ratchet straps?

In the words of Jeff Foxworthy
You might be a redneck if.......

Last edited:
The yellow one is a proper sling rated for 3500# I basically just used two ratchet straps to level the thing out, not really carrying much weight. As stated YMMV.

Back