Resolved New image display ???

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I would click on an image and get the image to load up in a full screen view.
Now when I do that I get a small image with tiles in the bottom left.
I didn't make a change, so did the web site change how images are displayed? Can I get back to a single image?

new way... tiles bottom left
new_tiling.jpg

old way
old_way.jpg

Jeepers, that plain stinks! Couldn't help myself! Umm, clicking on the second picture brings up the same view as the first.
This is not an improvement. :(

Upvote 0
Clicking on any of the smaller photos should (it does for me) bring up the nearly full screen d8splay one at a time.There are broad arrow heads that if there are 2 or more photos will cycle through them one per click. That is what I see. However, there may be some limitations on non-donors that are causing a conflict. Click on the Donations tab in the main toolbar @ TOS. This will bring up a chart of added privileges by dollar amountl

Upvote 0
Clicking on any of the smaller photos should (it does for me) bring up the nearly full screen d8splay one at a time.There are broad arrow heads that if there are 2 or more photos will cycle through them one per click. That is what I see. However, there may be some limitations on non-donors that are causing a conflict. Click on the Donations tab in the main toolbar @ TOS. This will bring up a chart of added privileges by dollar amountl
Maybe it works for staff members, but not for me, with a paid Diamond membership. The picture bar, for lack of a better term, consumes around a third of the screen. The actual picture is under 2/3. Might be nice if the ratio was more in favor of the larger picture, say 85% big picture, 15% little picture icons.

Upvote 0
why was the change made?
This didn't happen until the other day.
I would say it should be driven by a preference, not by default.
I click on a pic to look at a larger version, not a smaller version and then have to click on that to go to a larger version.. which btw requires hitting full screen.

I would say offer a choice in the users pref. If not... default to full screen large image which is why people click on the photo.. to goto a larger photo.

Upvote 0
why was the change made?
This didn't happen until the other day.
I would say it should be driven by a preference, not by default.
I click on a pic to look at a larger version, not a smaller version and then have to click on that to go to a larger version.. which btw requires hitting full screen.

I would say offer a choice in the users pref. If not... default to full screen large image which is why people click on the photo.. to goto a larger photo.
My intent on clicking a picture is to make it larger, not smaller. This doesn't feel like an improvement, instead it feels like a regression.

Upvote 0
@woodchucker I discovered something that may help. First. It seems to render fine and as expected on my Android mobile platform. Kind of like one would expect, a big, screen filling picture, with little thumbnails. On my PC, I discovered there are controls at the top right hand side. There is one that looks like an array of rectangular boxes. That is the thumbnail mode. Click it, and the thumbnails go away, just like the old days... Try it! Click on it again, and you get the thumbnails back. Personally, the thumbnails are way too large on a PC, but sized fine on mobile in portrait mode. Anyways, this fixes it for me!

Upvote 0
@woodchucker I discovered something that may help. First. It seems to render fine and as expected on my Android mobile platform. Kind of like one would expect, a big, screen filling picture, with little thumbnails. On my PC, I discovered there are controls at the top right hand side. There is one that looks like an array of rectangular boxes. That is the thumbnail mode. Click it, and the thumbnails go away, just like the old days... Try it! Click on it again, and you get the thumbnails back. Personally, the thumbnails are way too large on a PC, but sized fine on mobile in portrait mode. Anyways, this fixes it for me!
Yes, I know that, but it's not sticky. if you open a new image it's back to tiled.
This is a change, not one that I like. I don't know why I would want to get an image the same or smaller than what I was viewing.

I want it to be full screen as it was before. For some reason this change was instituted..

Upvote 0
All I can say is "ugh". Just what we don't need. 10 buttons.
Software developers seem to think new features with more gadgets is always an improvement. KISS. Us not quite so old farts don't like chasing constant changes marketed as "improvements".

Upvote 0
I don't know why I would want to get an image the same or smaller than what I was viewing.
Me either. Although it is correctable, it seems a stupid waste of mouse movement, for what shouldn't have to have been changed at all. In my opinion the default setting for the thumbnails is backwards. Instead of enableThumbnails =t rue, it should be enableThumbnails = false. Can I collect my $5K consulting fee now? :grin:

Upvote 0
Back