Resolved New image display ???

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I would click on an image and get the image to load up in a full screen view.
Now when I do that I get a small image with tiles in the bottom left.
I didn't make a change, so did the web site change how images are displayed? Can I get back to a single image?

new way... tiles bottom left
new_tiling.jpg

old way
old_way.jpg

Software was updated recently. Just want to make a couple of statements and then a path forward to address the complaints here:

1) We don't write the software, we buy a license and install and upgrade the software on our host server.
2) Third parties provide "add-on" software that enhances the base forum software features.

Path forward: I will take a close look at image handling and settings in the control panel. With the recent upgrade, there may be changes that I have not been made aware of until now.

1) It sounds like the thumbnails can be toggled off on a PC browser.
2) Anything I do will be aimed at making the PC browser experience as consistent and optimal as possible.
3) Given the nearly infinite variety in how people access the site on mobile devices, I cannot make any guarantees at this point in time that any changes I propose or make will actually resolve issues brought to our attention.

I will do my best. Please be patient.

Upvote 0
seems like all images that I click on come up as before (edit: not tiled but read below new images are tiled)
what also seems to be, is that there are no thumbnail images.
I'm going to test that here.
1 thumb, and 1 full.
1652056441007.png
1652056441007.png

ok, that's working.

but if I click on the images here that I just put, they are tiled.

while others in other threads are not.

bryan_1.jpg

Upvote 0
seems like all images that I click on come up as before (edit: not tiled but read below new images are tiled)
what also seems to be, is that there are no thumbnail images.
I'm going to test that here.
1 thumb, and 1 full.
View attachment 406912View attachment 406913

ok, that's working.

but if I click on the images here that I just put, they are tiled.

while others in other threads are not.

View attachment 406914
Are you willing to test this in Microsoft Edge? And if you have it, Firefox?

Upvote 0
give me a few. I'll test with edge.
I don't have FF. gave up on ff years ago when chrome was faster and better than ff. Then tried FF again, but wasn't as happy with it as I was hoping.

Upvote 0
With edge, I can't get to the second screen on 9 out of 10 images. Only 1 went to the second screen.
Trying with adding my own images right now.
1652056441007.png
1652056441007.png

Upvote 0
so the thumb is allowing the second screen, the full is not...which is like it was weeks ago.
give me a minute for another test.

so I test the images added above in #13, and it gives me a tile on the thumb, and won't go to the second screen on the full.

Wierd.

Upvote 0
Back