New Machine Day DV-59

GT-6 Racer

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Added a DVB-59-6475-3 to the collection. Great companion to the DSM-59. Picked it up at auction. Was filthy, but after some 409 and a bit of scrubbing, it looks fantastic. Original paint. Looks to have had minimal use. Only issue was the brake as usual with Hardinge lathes. Luckily on inspection it just had come apart. So a cleaning and reassembly with with loc-tite, it’s back functioning perfectly. Everything else works as it’s supposed to. Came with lots of tooling and even a bunch of 1” shank insert holders that fit my big monarch series 60 as a bonus. Finally finished cleaning and adjusting everything and made some chips today. Great add to the shop. B02BD5A0-AC0A-4F2B-BCEA-F9A4C8C6CD2D.jpeg

I love the hardinge DV series, super accurate and can do almost anything that fits in it. That paint is perfect! Mine was all cracked and needs new bondo too. Can’t wait to see what you will make with it

I love the hardinge DV series, super accurate and can do almost anything that fits in it. That paint is perfect! Mine was all cracked and needs new bondo too. Can’t wait to see what you will make with it
They are great little lathes. Here‘s the DSM companion. Was making little tiny pulleys for the robotics team and some o-ring holders and shaft spacers.

19B390FB-CB13-4486-BC25-786C78B35E5C.jpegFB23F1D3-DA69-46DD-A798-7CE3D27AE4D6.jpeg

Nice looking lathe . I have the DSM-59 now and am scoping out an HLV-H from a buddy of mine . If I can convince him to let it go they'll be the 2 lathes I'll keep .

Nice looking lathe . I have the DSM-59 now and am scoping out an HLV-H from a buddy of mine . If I can convince him to let it go they'll be the 2 lathes I'll keep .
Good luck with the hunt! The HLV-H is a sweet tool room lathe.

The only downside to my hlv is trying to find the gears and banjo for metric threads. Been looking at a commercial els for it,but it's over three grand.

The only downside to my hlv is trying to find the gears and banjo for metric threads. Been looking at a commercial els for it,but it's over three grand.
Yes, that’s why the English/metric HLV-H are so expensive. Metric threads would be my only possible rationalization to buy yet another lathe. I can only do metric on the Haas TL-1. Not optimal for repair work but doable. Check out Babin Machine. Paul may have the parts you need.

Did you find one? I know where there is a new old stock one.

Back