New Pm-940 At Garagewrench

GarageWrench

Registered
Registered
A few pics to show off some of the features of the PM-940M PDF

DSCN1524.JPG

In its temporary spot, ordering some tubing to build a platform and raise it about 6"

DSCN1525.JPG

Side view of the PDF

DSCN1527.JPG

This is where the spindle center is at full Y+, the dove tail cover is compressed at the rear, would get 1.5" more without it.

DSCN1529.JPG

This is with the table at Y- while it is still fully supported by the bed, can cantilever to Y- another 2".

DSCN1530.JPG

Very quiet at H3, and changes gears smoothly.

DSCN1531.JPG

Control panel mounted on push/pull arm and the panel turns also. The panel at the rear that houses the wiring/switches is 7" thick and with the door open is around 14" from rear of column.

DSCN1532.JPG

Spendle at center of table, the tape reads 14" to column.

DSCN1534.JPG

Setting next to my old round column that I've used for the last ten years, and I'm keeping.

DSCN1536.JPG

16" from table to the end of the drill chuck at full Z, that is with the motor on the head, think I could get a couple more inches with the crank.

DSCN1537.JPG

The table is crazy long, this mill takes up some shop space.

Well thats it. Matt was the best to deal with, what a great guy. Im so happy with this mill. It is leveled where it sets, and it trammed to .000 at X, and .001 at Y. Not bad. Everything works, absolutely nothing scratched or broken during shipping and set up. Time to start making chips.

Buck

wait till my 940 arrives coolidge, I've been accused of OCD levels of cleanliness.

GarageWrench, any shots of the ways?

I like the new machine! Welcome to the PM club. Thanks for the pictures.

GarageWrench, any shots of the ways?
Sorry, I had most everything apart cleaning, but no pics of those never ending ways.

new member in the clean club.
Coolidge, thanks for the new "membership" to the clean club, I always reference to my shop as the sanctuary just to give you an idea of how I feel about it. Tuff set of work boots to fill being in the same club with you and Darkzero, ill do my best.

Thanks brav65, long time coming.

Buck

That is a great looking machine. Very big and sturdy.

Even your 10-year old one looks cleaner than anything I own!

-brino

Also that seems to be a real nice surface finish on the table, I noted the reflection. Now remove the rust in photo #3, Evaporust is your friend.

Nice looking machine! I will be curious to see how that accordion style way cover behind the saddle works out vs "epdm" on the 12z. I think it looks more tidy, at least when it's clean.

GarageWrench,

How did you use the hoist to get it off the pallet? Mine came to day and while moving it into the shop i was thinking to my self how the f... am I going to get it off the pallet. I have the same hoist as you buy the way.

Back