New to me Benchmaster up and running

ashyers

Registered
Registered
Hello,
I picked up a Benchmaster a few weeks ago and have gone through it and was finally able to try it out making some soft jaws as my first project. It seems to work well.

This is my first mill and if anyone has any suggestions or hints I'm all ears.

Andy

Congrats on getting it going, and welcome to the forum. Not familiar with your machine, but tooling is always a biggie, someone with a similar rig will no doubt be along soon to help out. Once you have a few more posts you will be able to post some pics. Cheers, Mike

Welcome to the group Andy. Let's see some pics of your new mill.

Looks like I need to take some photos...:)

Jeff,
It looks exactly like yours, but it's green and has a yellow sticker on the belt guard. It's on the factory supplied table and I have all of the horizontal attachments, except no arbors.

As far as tooling I have some, but will likely need more as my skills increase. I do have some old shell mills with a funky MT2 adapter that I received when I purchased a lathe years ago. I may post some photos of those too and see if anyone can shed some light on how to best use them.

I'll try and take some photos soon!

Andy

Oops, it's not mine, I found it online. Didn't know what a Benchmaster looked like.
It's similar to my Industrolite vertical/horizontal benchtop

1578079166031.png

Yeah, mine too. I have a few MT2 tools that came with it. Enough to get me started. I used it one time for a slitting saw operation. It worked great.
I have a full size vertical mill so I doubt I\ll ever use the vert. on this one.
Please, take some pics, we are all tool junkies here.

Found this beauty on Craig's List last year does not look like it had ever been used!
1578098070842.png

Now I’m wanting to install the table drive chain and get to know this mill.
These small mills are awesome.177F25CC-7565-4834-BE6D-F84727C47047.jpegF14C70E7-5ADF-491C-9634-5C795CB11963.jpeg

Back