Resolved Notifications not working with Tapatalk

DavidR8

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Something has changed in the last few days. I no longer get post notifications for the threads I follow.
Anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues here. Which notifications are you referring to, alerts in your toolbar or email notifications?

(Moved to site help)

Upvote 0
No issues here. Which notifications are you referring to, alerts in your toolbar or email notifications?

(Moved to site help)
Hi Dark, sorry about posting in the wrong forum...
I get notifications on my desktop but notifications through Tapatalk have stopped. Likewise email notifications.
Edit: I just checked my site settings and all notifications are turned on, nothing's changed as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0
Tapatalk is a platform of it's own, it's not related to Xenforo which is what H-M runs except for supporting Tapatalk viewability. You would have to check your Tapatalk settings or check with their support. I don't use Tapatalk but I have heard in the past of their notifications system having issues with intermittently working or delayed.

Upvote 0
Oddly now they seem to be working.
Though email notifications are not.

Upvote 0
If you are using Tapatalk, check whether they just had an update that installed itself. They are infamous for changing their code and making things not work. If that is what happened, usually all that you can do is to live with the degraded capability until Xenforo has time and inclination to mod their code to fix Tapatalk's screwup.

Upvote 0
Email notifications from H-M or Tapatalk?

Upvote 0
If you are using Tapatalk, check whether they just had an update that installed itself. They are infamous for changing their code and making things not work. If that is what happened, usually all that you can do is to live with the degraded capability until Xenforo has time and inclination to mod their code to fix Tapatalk's screwup.

Ah ha!
I did an app update which is probably the culprit.

Upvote 0
From H-M

That may just be a server delay. I have often had delayed email notifications or none at all from H-M, I don't rely on or use them anymore. Not only here, this happens periodically with other forums I frequent.

Upvote 0
Back