Old School

Doomed? You are just a pup. LOL At 71 years old I can remember them all and then some. LOL The one room schoolhouse was in Cooperstown NY.
I wish I was just a pup. At 74 I probably just don't have as good a memory as you.

Speaking of old school, last month my employer scrapped the last horizontal mill, a Cinci #5, last year a Cinci #2, this month all of the cutters are going in the scrap, probably 150 or more. anyone have a horizontal that uses 1 1/2 and larger arbors that will run 4"+ cutters.

A reasonable guess would be 600+ pounds, many are new or freshly ground. Will take pictures tomorrow.

You might be Old School if you ever had to rebuild one of these. :)

252657575665_1.jpg

You might be Old School if you know what this is.

Or if you had to crank the old Lathrop 1 lunger up to warm up before we went fishing.

mzkUMRfDETE0vTpdunAxEnA.jpg

You might be Old School if you carried stacks of punch cards to the NC machines but tripped and spilled them all over. Take them back to the sorter and get them back in order.
Or if you had a bottle of finger nail polish in your tool box for marking the depth stops on a turret lathe. The coolant washed anything else off.
We had a secretary that did all our key punching on a flex-o-writer and she would screw up and use a lower case l, not a 1 and the Cincinnati EB would halt.

Speaking of old school, last month my employer scrapped the last horizontal mill, a Cinci #5, last year a Cinci #2, this month all of the cutters are going in the scrap, probably 150 or more. anyone have a horizontal that uses 1 1/2 and larger arbors that will run 4"+ cutters.

A reasonable guess would be 600+ pounds, many are new or freshly ground. Will take pictures tomorrow.

If I lived a bit closer I'd be into some of those cutters, But freight to down under would kill it. wouldn't be too hard to repurpose some of them, soon sleeve them down to 1 1/8

Ifyour truck has more than one gear shift you might be old school

You are old school if your Grandmother ever put stitches in you at home.

You might be old school if the shop EDM Wirecutter was programmed with a 3/4 inch wide piece of paper tape with holes punched in it. I remember one machinist (no not me ) who made a bunch of brass Christmas tree ornaments with it.

"Billy G"

Back