Old School

You may be old school if you ever read
the binary coded NC tape
1-2-4-7

Tape.png

In you own words define "OLD SCHOOL".

Open to any and all answers from any and all members. Keep it in You might be a Red neck if ----

Still have my rotary speaker Leslie tube amp, had a spring reverb guitar amp, still have my original Big Muff distortion box, a working rotary wall phone in my shop, and 2 4-track cassette recorders. I used to write programs and type out the codes on the flexwriter at work. Not to mention some of the tools we made in trade school in the early 70's when we used white lead on the lathe dead centers.

Are you considered old school if you still use DOS programs?
You might be old school if you even know what a DOS program is ;)

You also might be "Old School" if you ever used a paper punch to double the size of your mass storage media.

I have/use about 95% of the items mentioned. Just the other day, I was talking to a buddy and said that I wished that I went to some of the TV (and radio) repair shops and picked up all the old tubes and the tube tester that they were throwing into the dumpster. I wish I still had our old radio, AM, FM, and short waive; yes it was a tube set. Portable, about the size of one of the wooden tool boxes ;)

You might be old school if you can remember and had to work with 8 inch and 5 1/4 inch floppy disk. Or the old 12 inch plater hard drives.

Back