Oops - Ignore this (posting fumble)

Anyone following advabncements in AI?

AI has gone from this.

To this in only 12 months. You can still find glitches like the cat with three front legs in this one, but honestly, this stuff is getting scary.

First time I heard S.C.O.T.S (Southern culture on the skids) I was hooked.

This song would come on the radio once a week at most, and as soon as he started in with the warbly guitar lick we would crank it and do our best imitation of inebriated rednecks dancing in tribute.

Everyone would yell out BABY!!!! At the appropriate time, hilarious, and of course someone always had some captions wafers for when we got the munchies.

I discovered this band about a year ago, no idea how at this point but their interesting.

Indigenous Siberians who mixed their traditional folk music with modern instruments and now tour live.

If nothing else just check out the gorgeous singer. :44 sounds like she says "Hot monkey".

The dancing shaman is also a nice touch.

The nostalgia thread tickled my nostalgia bone and I went down the youtube rabbit hole.

There was a local alternative radio station that would try out new bands after midnight on weeknights.

I worked 2nd shift back then and would be in the garage until all hours of the night and found some really good (to me) tunes that never (at the time) got regular airplay.

Basement Jaxx

Transplants

Some of their stuff reminds me of old school WAR.

Gorillaz

These guys would put the same song out played at two different speeds which would make you thing you were losing your mind when the Alt version came on.

Then as time went on Alt Rock became more mainstream.

Sneaker pimps.

Last edited:
Back