Other Options For A Boring Head Arbor?

TIGL

Active User
Registered
I have an import boring head with an R8 shank that does OK. On a whim I popped off the boring head to see what kind of threads were holding it to the arbor and they appear to be M22 x 1.25. I've been looking around to see what else would fit it that might be useful for (shell/face mill, maybe a slitting saw) and I wasn't able to find much. Any advice? I tried googling the thread pattern with various keywords and the "F1-R8" that's etched on the side but no luck. Is there another name for this that I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Your boring head has a 7/8"-20 thread, it's not metric. M22 x 1.25 is very close to 7/8-20 thread.

I've bought a couple of the import boring heads over the years, they either have 7/8-20 or 1-1/2-18 threads in them. No metric!!

Here's a sample listing for a shank.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRITERION-1...NK-NEW-TOOL-/191690020489?hash=item2ca19d9689

Oh, well how about that. the pitch of a 1/4-20 bolt matches even better than the M8 I thought fit. I guess this means I can buy a 7/8-20 tap and make whatever sort of wacky heads I feel like.

Thanks!

Back