Parts for a 8520 Clausing mill.

boneyard51

Registered
Registered
Need several parts, not sure which ones , but you can see the damage On both shafts and dials. Also need info on some one that could possibly straighten the shafts. I have tried to contact several shops, but no response! Tia

Bones

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 45
Hammer? It's just the handle
Hopefully no damage to the threaded screws.

A bigger photo would be interesting.

My 8530 had suffered the same mishap when I picked it up. I removed the 'y' axis lead screw and was able to straighten it and the crank using a press, vee blocks and a dial indicator. The 'z' axis lead screw should be the same. You're going to have to do something with it anyway, so go ahead and disassemble it to see just how bad it actually is. Not a big deal really. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Yeah, I guess I’m going to have to take that step. Just trying to see if I could find some parts, but they don’t seem to exist. Bones

There is a very active Facebook group with one guy in New York state that has 1000's of parts at a good price

There is a very active Facebook group with one guy in New York state that has 1000's of parts at a good price
Could you give me a little more info on that group? I have searched and have not really found much about this mill. I found the Clausing group and have a request there, but just crickets! Thanks..

Bones

Well, I tried everything you posted, but still couldn’t get through. Your user name is 55 Fairlane….I put a 1958 Lincoln 430 in a 1955 Ford Fairlane, back in about 1964…..fun car! Bones

Well, I tried everything you posted, but still couldn’t get through. Your user name is 55 Fairlane….I put a 1958 Lincoln 430 in a 1955 Ford Fairlane, back in about 1964…..fun car! Bones
Ooohhhhh that sounds like a fun car. I had a 55 Fairlane that has C Gas history, my first "hotrod"

I believe his name was Gunther..??..?? I cannot remember his last name. Rebuilds / Restores 8520's & the like. Every time I reach out and ask about a part & price, he has one but isn't selling it. I'll see if I can find his info and share it here.

Back