Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that whole ordeal in Texas is no ones fault. No one could have know it was going to get that bad. Especially when it rarely gets to those temps down there

couple other points: The boxes here in New England change sizes a LOT from summer humidity to Winter dry air. I had to split apart the USPS box , wrap it around the Pass Around Box and hot-melt it back together.
Also, when I shipped it the PO said it was 40lbs. I can't believe the weight limit is 70lbs! that must be a solid chunk of steel.
I did some playing around with this before sending it off. (In hindsight I should've done it empty... :cautious: )
Honey has a bunch of the boxes downstairs so I grabbed three for testing.
Here's the trick:
Do not seal either end, leave them both 'loose' and then slide in the container, then seal it up.
With one end sealed I couldn't get the container in. I believe it could be because it has taken some 'hits' on three corners and is slightly deformed.

Also I recommend placing some tape over the two corners where the there is that 'quick tear opener tabs' thingy.
When I received it here the one corner was tore up, must have snagged on a conveyor or something.

Well I sloughed off a repair job on @DiscoDan. (I'll owe you a Cerveza... :grin: )
When I tightened down the screws the last one gave out. :cautious:
So being the lazy slacker that I am, I stuck a hunk of tape over it. Packing the container is like a puzzle and honestly I didn't feel up to unpacking it and effecting repairs late last night.
*EDIT* I stuck over a dozen 'Heavy' labels in the box and in the container.

Here's what I grabbed out of it.
The Bell System Lineman's pliers for my Bell System collection. (GranDad worked for AT&T)
Flush cut pliers. This pair was in better shape than my old dull one.
Two of the Sanvik treading inserts out of the pack.
Three taper pins out of the sack that's in the box
The drill chuck - I collect egg-beater drills and a few are missing chucks. This one should fit on one of the shoulder/breast plate drills.
And the Starrett Scraper plane handle! I'll need to make up a blade for it. It's already in the 'restoration' drawer along with the drill chuck.

PassAround_2__RcII.jpg.... This is how one looks complete. >1614627735404.png

Last edited:
Box is awaiting pickup on the front porch on a dolly as I'm typing this.

If you're interested in saving time, money and effort here's how I do it.
If you have PayPal and a printer, they have a 'shipping' service page. Saves a few dollars over using the USPS site or standing in line.
Cost was $13.75 when I did it.
-=- LINK -=-

Then you go online to USPS.com and schedule an appointment for pickup during normal mail delivery, doesn't cost anything.
(and saves the ol' back from having to lug it around...)

0301211456__Rc.jpg

Didn't go out yesterday, regular carrier is off on Mondays and I have a feeling the sub chose to ignore the pickup.
Regular carrier picked it up today at noon. I had forgotten he was off on Mondays.

Got the box yesterday. My mail lady was happy that I came out to get it out of the truck for her! I will go through it and try to get it out Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back