Pass Around 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
@matthewsx

Will you be able to massage the major ding back out before forwarding the box?

I suspect that damage is deliberate. Some USPS employee with a bad attitude. That's exactly why super protective packaging is so important.
Damn shame, but to be expected.

I’ve already re-packed it but I doubt I’d be able to straighten it without messing it up.

I think this is the same box from 2020 so it’s held up pretty good I think. It goes back and forth across the country so damage is probably inevitable.

John

Received the infamous PAB Wed/Thu and the safety inspector jumped in to approve the contents.

PXL_20221006_214725952.jpg

I did find a few things that I needed. Recently broke my last 1/4-20 tap so was a pleasant find. I also grabbed the #30 drills - I use those a lot (its a metric tap or clearance size...don't recall off the top of my head) only had 1 dull-ish one left. The mystery bronze will see use soon for bushings. And the balls will be perfect to top some machinist jacks I'm working on.

PXL_20221007_042616994.jpg

Everything is packed back up and goodies add to fill the voids. I'll be reaching out to the next individual in line.

Box was stuck at the regional post office for several days - finally arrived today. I was able to confirm that the box is in tact and peek inside as i couldn't help myself however i will not be able to go through it until Wednesday and hopefully mail out Thursday or Friday the latest.

Here's a pic of my haul:

PXL_20221020_010110381.jpg

Not sure what the expander thing is but i figured i might be able to find a use for it. I put as much in as i could fit - it took 3 times to get it to all fit and wouldn't you know it i forgot the darn book the first time anyhow! Not to wreck the surprise or fun of it but a friendly reminder that delicate items need to be packed carefully. There were several broken stones in there that i left as i wasn't sure if i should throw them out or not. Then i thought maybe someone can use the broken items as is so i did nothing. I hope i packed it well enough to prevent future items from being damaged. It's headed from the east coast to the west coast now!

Here's a pic of the outgoing weight:

PXL_20221020_011145916.jpg

I don't know how you guys are getting 50+ pounds of safely packed items in there. That's about 25% more than the last time I had the box and it was hard to get the cover on then. I guess I'll find out soon enough. LOL

There needs to be some depletion, the box is at critical mass! I think y'all have been pretty shy about taking stuff. If an item is going to be picked out and used, then the objective of the box is accomplished. Those items that I had extra of or didn't have a good use for are still useful, so I want people to take them and use them. I think it's turned into a piggy bank, and it's getting heavy, so make some larger withdrawals. Pick out another pound or two. It's clear we don't have to worry about the box going empty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back