Resolved Please change file attachment restrictions to allow .scad files

homebrewed

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
.scad files are used by OpenSCAD, a parametric mechanical CAD program. If .DXF files are allowed, why not .scad?

Thank you for considering my request -- HB

.FCStd is the file extension for FreeCad parametric mechanical 3D CAD files. Might be good for this to be allowed as well. It would be great to be able to share, or at least view, other 3D design files. Hope there isn't a technical issue to allowing these files, besides size.

Upvote 0
Yes, I could see adding the additional extensions to DOWNLOADS and/or photos and/or videos but we need to be cognizant of the fact that the effective useful .service life of most of the fora might be 15 to (being generous) 30 days.. After which only someone who just recently joined or who remembers later that something specific was there will ever see it again. For the same reason, I don't actively encourage people to put detailed drawings in a discussion thread, preferring to put them into Downloads and when appropriate saying in a thread that they are there. I realize that this makes them viewable only by donors but hey, it costs money to keep this site alive and none of the Staff have recently reported winning the lottery.

Upvote 0
I'll update the list to include these. Great suggestions!

EDIT: also included in the Download list as well Robert.

Upvote 0
Was about to start a new help thread requesting that freecad .FCSstd files be allowed but I see @WobblyHand has already suggested it. I see it has been marked as resolved but I was not able to upload a .FCStd file to the Downloads section (unsupported extension).

Upvote 0
I'm still getting "The upload file does not have an allowed extension ..." over the icon of a .FCStd file I tried to upload.

Upvote 0
It worked for me? My post with .FCStd file attached. Maybe yours is too big? Mine was 2.1MB. Don't bother downloading, it's me blundering away at something. But a member did download it and fix my file and reposted it. So it worked twice.

Here's a little file I can try to post: Only 12.6KB, so it shouldn't incur any wrath.

Attachments

• firstfile.FCStd
    12.3 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
Back