Pm 1228-vf-lb Lathe Preparations

Good news. I sold the G-4000 to the first person that came to look at it. No haggling, I got my price, plus he purchased the QCTP. I gave him a good deal on the QCTP because I had it modified so it would work on the G-4000.

The PM1228 is equipped with one. I'll use the funds from the old one to get some more tool holders.

That was quick, great!

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew it wouldn't last long at that price.
If I lived closer I would have taken it.
It would come in handy for those smaller parts or threading that always need to be done.

I don't feel bad about selling it anyone, Mike. It was a good lathe. I could have gotten a little more for it, but $700 seemed like a fair price for a $1,000 machine.

Well, today is the big day. UPS Freight says the lathe will be delivered between 10am and 3pm.
Unfortunately, the monsoon is coming. Tropical storm Bill is predicted to pass over the Dallas area Wednesday, and heavy rain and flooding is expected for the next 3-4 days.

I have an 8 foot shed roof in front of my garage that can put a roof over it, but it still gets wet there. Until I see the size of the pallet it's on, I don't know that it will fit inside the door of my closed in shop, or if I can even get my engine hoist over it enough to lift it off the pallet.

I have a fairly large hydraulic lift table with big good wheels that I was hoping to be able to hoist the lathe on so I can move it, once un-crated. Hopefully I can hoist it on the lift table and be able to roll it in the shop for dry keeping while I work on the table top and mounting holes.

Otherwise, I may be tortured by having to wrap it up tight in plastic and wait 3-4 days for the rain to pass. I'm not sure I have enough maturity to do that. :-(

I know I would have a hard time doing that.
Just knowing I have a new machine just itching to be used and not being able to, would be pure torture.
Good luck and I hope the rain holds off for you.

It will be super easy to un-crate and move. We did our 1127 in less than 30 minutes including assembling the factory stand. We lifted it onto the stand with the typical HF engine hoist fully extended with no problems.

Enjoy you new lathe.

Jay

Back