Pm-1340gt Arrived!

Oh and mksj is making some great add-ons for the 1340GT, with the VFD and stop he does is a great setup, I do recommend it.

So you have the 3 phase version of this lathe? I am building a complete VFD control system with proximity stop for another forum member, and have several schematic designs for different systems. Send me a PM with your email and I can help work out a wiring diagram/parts/suggestions for the VFD build. The PDF file also includes WJ200 programming recommendations. Which DRO/scales are you planning on using? First thing I did on my PM1340GT was to put on a QCTP.

I will PM you in a few days...
Having issues with the VFD... long story.
GA

BTW: to the OP...

You will enjoy this lathe... it is a bargain for what you get!

Definitely a fun tool to have in my shop. Gets used most every day for something or other. Probably way overkill for my needs, but so what................besides, overkill ALWAYS works!!

Congratulations on your new lathe! I have not regretted buying the 1340.
JD

I too recently received my new PM1340GT, I assume from the same batch of lathes recently received by Matt at Quality Machine Tools. I ordered the 3 phase version with VFD as well and really appreciate all the great advice from all. Mine is unpacked, cleaned up, and near its permanent location in the shop. I am in the middle of wiring and configuring the VFD. I look forward to getting my 1340 running. It looks great sitting next to my PM932M Mill.

I too recently received my new PM1340GT, I assume from the same batch of lathes recently received by Matt at Quality Machine Tools. I ordered the 3 phase version with VFD as well and really appreciate all the great advice from all. Mine is unpacked, cleaned up, and near its permanent location in the shop. I am in the middle of wiring and configuring the VFD. I look forward to getting my 1340 running. It looks great sitting next to my PM932M Mill.

Nice. Let's see some pictures of the pair. The PM932PDF was actually the mill I ordered when I ordered my PM1340GT but changed the order shortly after to the PM935TV knee mill instead. I know a lot of members on here have the PM932 and really like it and do some great work with it.

Mike.

Nice. Let's see some pictures of the pair. The PM932PDF was actually the mill I ordered when I ordered my PM1340GT but changed the order shortly after to the PM935TV knee mill instead. I know a lot of members on here have the PM932 and really like it and do some great work with it.

Mike.

Here are the toys in the shop. Still working on the wiring for the 1340 before moving to final location.
image.jpg

Me thinks it may be a good idea to install another bracket under the center of that shelf... looks to have a bow in the middle with the weight... even if it is fairly think material!

Here are the toys in the shop. Still working on the wiring for the 1340 before moving to final location. View attachment 110388

Back