PM-923M Stand/Dolly

abrace

Registered
Registered
All,

I have searched the forum a bit but haven't found a lot. How many of you built a dolly/cart/frame to go under your 932M stand? I just received my 932 and it looks like it may be a little low for me. I am 6'4". In addition, I want everything in the shop on wheels so I can move it around.

Right now my thought is to build a frame that will go under the cast iron stand. I already have some 2" square tube (3/16" wall). I would build a frame out of that and make it about 3-6" wider than the stand at all dimensions to get a little extra stability. The stand would have casters on it, but also leveling feet. When the leveling feet are used it would raise the stand enough to not allow the wheels to contact.

Anyone have any Pics/plans for a stand they have built for their 932M or similar machine? Would love to see some examples for good ideas.

I saw one on the forum a while ago that I really liked, but I can't seem to find it for the life of me anymore!

I used 3x3 steel tubing, 1/8 thick to construct a simple frame to go under my PM45 mill. Added leveling machine casters to raise my mill a total of almost 6 inches. $30 bucks for the one 8ft piece of steel tubing, $100 bucks for the casters. My back thanks me every time I use the mill. I can now move it easily when needed and level the mill anywhere I put it.

The picture is from the back of the mill stand. As you can see I welded it with my 90 amp Harborfreight flux welder, ensuring that the weight is on the two longest pieces with the casters and that the welds only hold the frame together via the cross pieces which carry only a minimal amount of the distributed weight.
IMG_1009.JPG

Just so you know, I purchased one of those heavy duty mobile stands for my craftsman table saw ~500 lbs, already had to replace a caster.

I don't want to crap on Grizzly...but...the terms 'heavy duty' and 'Grizzly' should never be in the same sentence. With something like this I prefer to make my own. Looking at the Grizzly ones does give some good ideas though.

I don't want to crap on Grizzly...but...the terms 'heavy duty' and 'Grizzly' should never be in the same sentence. With something like this I prefer to make my own. Looking at the Grizzly ones does give some good ideas though.

There's alot of truth in that statement!

Gunrunner you need to order a set of these for the Z axis hand crank. Bill did you just spit coffee on your monitor? :rofl:

View attachment 253356

8d977d9852028c401f4d32ebb9f854dc.jpg

d9f98587f0b5024e10ba107b2e89f4e1.jpg

Last edited:
Back