Pm 932 Missing

I took a couple days off from work to pick up my machines, I did not receive a call from the shipping company. After 3 days, I called them and they advised me that your machines have been sitting here for three days. None of Matt's doing, I guess someone at the shipping company did not know how to use a phone. Hoping yours shows up.
JD

shipping companies are similar to used car salesmen. glad yours is on the way. mine is supposed to be on the dock in Birmingham on Monday. will call. old mill drill sold today.....tnx
mike

I'm planning on picking mine up from Matt, but haven't heard anything yet. I figure my time and gas will be less that having it dropped at the 'curb,' 500 feet from my shop.

I'm planning on picking mine up from Matt, but haven't heard anything yet. I figure my time and gas will be less that having it dropped at the 'curb,' 500 feet from my shop.

When I was in the 'investingating' stage... deciding what I wanted... I seriously considered a one day flight to PA... never did it, as the reviews of the folks at this forum who have the machines (PM935TS and PM1340GT) were more than adequate!

I think Ray C drove over to PA and picked up his CNC mill (version of a PM45/932).

fyi:
1) its Monday and Matt used Estes-Express logistics. my mill is on the dock in Birmingham.
2) now left word w/manager to call me today. We'll see,

JMH

Glad you found it... now Estes needs to get their act together.

Sorry to hear this & sorry to say, poop does happen. Of course not something in Matt's control but he will take care of it. I too can't understand how you loose a skid like that. There's always somebody at work not paying attention.

Freight shipments often get handed over to another freight company when traveling long distances as many freight companies only carry certain regions. Of some some are better than others. Both my lathe & mill came from Matt but my lathe arrived by USF Reddaway & mill arrived by Oak Harbor. I had excellent service from both. For both shipments liftgate service was supposed to be extra charge but I was never charged for the service.

In my experiences, for residential deliveries, the delivery always has to be scheduled with the recipient since it's not a business with an unloading dock. With both companies, I called to schedule the delivery date & the drivers arrived promptly within their expected time period. Each driver got a $20 tip from me.

...I called to schedule the delivery date & the drivers arrived promptly within their expected time period. Each driver got a $20 tip from me.
I always call the freight terminal as soon as tracking shows it has arrived, and then pick it up myself. Easier not to have to deal with the "when will it arrive " aspect of residential delivery, and it is easier to deal with moving the machinery from my landscape trailer to its final resting spot in a leisurely way, rather than depending upon the (sometimes shaky) ability of the driver to unload your equipment.

Takes less time to drive to and from the freight depot than the typical "4 hour arrival window"...

Plus, the "last mile" of delivery is probably where damage is more likely to occur.

Of course, I have a 2 ton industrial gantry crane with electric chain-hoist, so the unloading from my landscape trailer is a cinch.

Estes called while I was in field today. Planned on bringing 18 wheeler. I told him to bring a wrecker with it. There is 25 acres, but right now very wet and you don't leave my stone drive. He said ok, will bring panel truck and will get it to lift gate, so Will your assumption holds. This area is remote, home of an Alabama train robber killed in Selma, Rube Burrow.
In my experiences, for residential deliveries, the delivery always has to be scheduled with the recipient since it's not a business with an unloading dock. With both companies, I called to schedule the delivery date & the drivers arrived promptly within their expected time period. Each driver got a $20 tip from me.

I always call the freight terminal as soon as tracking shows it has arrived, and then pick it up myself. Easier not to have to deal with the "when will it arrive " aspect of residential delivery, and it is easier to deal with moving the machinery from my landscape trailer to its final resting spot in a leisurely way, ......Of course, I have a 2 ton industrial gantry crane with electric chain-hoist, so the unloading from my landscape trailer is a cinch.

my crane is limited.

Mike

Last edited:
Cool that they will bring a smaller truck. I am in a similar boat, with a very long gravel driveway that nothing larger than a 24' box truck would fit down.

Back