Pm 932pdf 3ph Vfd Conversion

Jay-z

Active User
Registered
After many evenings of tinkering and emailing MKSJ (who I'd like to think very much for his help with the conversion ) the mill is once again usable. Some fine-tuning still needs to be completed but that will happen in time. I'm extremely happy on how it performs. The soft start and variable speed capabilities of the VFD are very nice . I used them to finish the project that I was in the middle of when the original motor went up in smoke. I must say it made the machine quite a bit more user-friendly . I figured since it was all apart I should add a tachometer( also recommended by MKSJ) into the face, and it works like a charm. Overall I am very pleased with the conversion and would recommend it as a suitable upgrade for any machine . Why these pictures upload crooked, is beyond me .

Jay image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Jay,
Beautiful install, nicely done and clean. Matt should offer this as a factory model, VFDs are great for tweaking the speed a bit helps to eliminate cutter chatter, and you should have a little more on the top end which is nice for aluminum machining. Thank you for sharing your Kaboom capacitor experience and upgrade.

Open the pictures in paint, and they can be rotated. I find the default Microsoft viewer tends to auto-rotate pictures when opened, so you never know how it is going to look when posted.
Mark

Thanks Mark. Your guidance was instrumental in getting this completed . And for the quick tip about rotating the photos.

The mill definitely feels like a new machine once again. Well, guess I'm off to the next project .

Jay

Nice work Jay, VFD control is king!
BTW, I love your GSD avatar! I have four of them currently.

nicely done! do you want to trade machines, mine is much smaller and easier to move around :rolleyes:

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Back