Pm25mv Tilting

wm_crash

Registered
Registered
Howdy,

I'd like to know how many bolts are involved in tilting the PM-24MV head.

On mine, I loosened one big allen bolt and one nut, but had no luck tilting the head. If anyone has done this before, just let me know. Maybe I just need a bigger hammer.

This isn't an issue, just a feature that I'd like to try and then step back and go "niiiiiice", and then put another 3 hours into tramming.

thanks,
Cosmin

It depends on when you bought your machine. The latest batch of machines has the three bolt modification included as The old single bolt style was prone to stripping the bolt. This happened to me, and requires removing the head to install the new bolt, a big PIA. If there are 4 total bolt, loan the three outside bolts then loosen the center bolt just enough to rotate the head.

Alright, it seems that I have 3 bolts. The two at the top are extremely well hidden. The machine is very new, just like I am new to this machining world.

Thanks much for the help.

cheers,
Cosmin

Hi u don't need a bigger hammer, sounds like the small grub screws are over tight---3mm Allen key required ,lower right hand side of the rotating head there is a hole in sert Allen key an remove grub screw, incert Allen key again there is a second screw in the hole ,screw in (till just tight then turn back one turn ) then replace the other grub screw to lock it in place . The screws sit in a grove so the head can turn but not fall off, if the adjusting screw is over tight the head will knot turn And you can move the head by undoing the other bolts as normal

Back