Poor mans rotary tables

I've been machining and tool collecting for several decades and I have never seen another like it. Really cool!

Me neither. I really like that ball swivel doohickey....a lot!:cool2:

I did a mock-up to see if two vises including the UFO can share the drill table. It is not a lot of room but will probably work for what I usually do. The drill table is not meant for flattening inline 6 cylinder heads...

If, or rather when, more room is needed it is just to remove one unit and center the remaining one. The KURT-like Vertex vice is a must for many operations so I need to have it in place. But the swivel unit will be great for some milling operations. The small vise on top of the swivel is the smallest vise I have. It is not entirely crap since it is a Bosch unit with grinded ways and adjustable clearance. At least a hair better than a cheap Chinese low end vise that is thrown after people when buying a small bench drill.

The major use of the machine is drilling but it can be used for a lot more as long as it isn't too hard work. I have many ER collets for pinn mills, 3" corner mills and some other stuff for use with it.

Drill Table.jpg

DSC03477.JPG

Drill Table.jpg DSC03477.JPG

The Ball swivel engravers tool os slick as glass. I bet they are as scarce as hens teeth too. Looks like it could be extremely versatile in a bind....

Bob

Translation please

I'm guessing that a 'pin mill' would translate to an 'end mill' in U.S. English. Yes?

I have no clue regarding what a 'corner mill' is. :noidea:Translation, please.

Yes you are right, I've heard end mill and maybe bottom mill to.

A corner mill here is a flatting mill with straight sides to make 90 degree cuts.

Here is one I use

[video=youtube;R-GhaCRhakU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-GhaCRhakU&list=UUWJduhWVb_rKbLGAYcOZ4ow[/video]

I did a mock-up to see if two vises including the UFO can share the drill table. It is not a lot of room but will probably work for what I usually do. The drill table is not meant for flattening inline 6 cylinder heads...

"UFO" is a GREAT name for your new vise base!:man:
PS - I did take a closer look at your original photo, and was able to see the angular scale. Sweet!

Looks like you have a great setup going there ... and that's a BODACIOUS looking welder you have next to the mill/drill. Looks like you should really enjoy doing what you do.

Back