Potd, Mowing The Yard

Massey Ferguson to the rescue! DOC about 5 feet, 60 inch cut width, spindle speed about 1100 RPM, cutting speed about 500 IPM. Had to bring it back into the shop and see if I can get the leveler adjusted, it's digging dirt on the right side. Everything is rusted solid. I hit it with Marvel Mystery Oil/acetone mix. It's starting to loosen up. I'll make some chips while I'm waiting for the penetrating oil to work.

And my poor old rider get's a break
IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Last edited:
OK, that's done. Tomorrow I'll be spraying the fence line and other places I can't get the mower into, and especially any stray black berry bushes I find. Those things will take over in no time if you let them get away from you. The grass line up the hill is the end of my property. You are looking at about an acre of grass there.

IMG_0196.jpg

Wow that's properly beat down now nice job! My screen name on a tractor forum is deathtoblackberries so I think you know where I stand on them :D

OK, that's done. Tomorrow I'll be spraying the fence line and other places I can't get the mower into, and especially any stray black berry bushes I find. Those things will take over in no time if you let them get away from you. The grass line up the hill is the end of my property. You are looking at about an acre of grass there.

View attachment 105143
Why not use a 3 in 1 machine. Mower, Fertiliser and Meat.

Goat_roar_by_fbcota.jpg

Here is the beast that plows through this stuff. I bought this old girl about 8 years ago for $100 from a guy who thought it was worn out (that's what he told his wife, I think he just wanted a new shiny one:)) and put about another $100 in it.
I beat you....I got the same one for $50.00, added gas and a battery and it was off and running. That was 8 years ago and it is still going strong. I just finished mowing my back yard last night. Bob

Back