Power Supply for iGaging Absolute DRO

AZChuck

Registered
Registered
First post. I bought the iGaging Absolute DROs and discovered battery life issue. The scales plug into the readout and there is no apparent connector for external power supply. I read Yuri’s excellent stuff but didn’t come away with an answer.

Is there some other cabling I need to buy? Making the power supply itself is understood.

Thanks in Advance!

Chuck

I think you have to attach wires to the battery clips by some method- soldering, tape, foil

Remove the rubber cover on the side, there should be a socket for external output on the Igaging Plus. I had used one on my last lathe tailstock, batteries would last 4-6 months.
1713125680294.png

1713125790232.jpeg

First post. I bought the iGaging Absolute DROs and discovered battery life issue. The scales plug into the readout and there is no apparent connector for external power supply. I read Yuri’s excellent stuff but didn’t come away with an answer.

Is there some other cabling I need to buy? Making the power supply itself is understood.

Thanks in Advance!

Chuck
The 3-way power adapter in @mksj ‘s post is a good option, but a better one would be to reach out to Yuriy to see if he has any iGaging Absolute Plus TouchDRO adapters available (once they are gone he’s not going to have any more made - since I have on both my Mini-Mill & -Lathe, I picked up a spare adapter last year). I used the iGaging readouts for less than six months before I upgraded to TouchDRO; while the readouts are good, having a true DRO is many orders of magnitude better. If/when I upgrade my machines I may have glass scales pre-installed, but will get TouchDRO adapters rather than whatever the machine manufacturer offers.

Back