Presents from the postman

The Oracle

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Received my touchDRO’s today. Build quality is impeccable.

Starting to experiment (and having a blast) will have to disassemble to solder on headers for the TACH and a limit switch for the lathe, for the mill, I’m going to use the TACH and PROBE.

IMG_3274.jpeg

Received my touchDRO’s today. Build quality is impeccable.

Starting to experiment (and having a blast) will have to disassemble to solder on headers for the TACH and a limit switch for the lathe, for the mill, I’m going to use the TACH and PROBE.

View attachment 456971
He also just dropped off my iGaging kit:

20230815 Touch DRO Kit.JPG

I already had the back-up battery; ordered two when I did my Mini-Mill install to save on shipping just in case I figured out how to add scales to my Mini-Lathe (I have!). Other than the tablet and one last piece of stock (it's at Grainger waiting for me) I have everything I need to get started.

Which tablet did you go with?

Lenovo - TAB M10 Plus (3rd Gen)

Lynn

Lenovo - TAB M10 Plus (3rd Gen)

Lynn
Thanks; I'll probably go with the Lenova Tab M8 - I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A on the Mini-Mill and am happy with the 8" screen; I'd get another one if it weren't for the Android issue.

Thanks; I'll probably go with the Lenova Tab M8 - I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A on the Mini-Mill and am happy with the 8" screen; I'd get another one if it weren't for the Android issue.
That's what I went with, perfect size and price for me.

Configuring the system and calibrating the scales was actually fun once I had my head wrapped around it.

He also just dropped off my iGaging kit:

View attachment 457001
I already had the back-up battery; ordered two when I did my Mini-Mill install to save on shipping just in case I figured out how to add scales to my Mini-Lathe (I have!). Other than the tablet and one last piece of stock (it's at Grainger waiting for me) I have everything I need to get started.

Which tablet did you go with?
What’s the need for the battery?

What’s the need for the battery?
Option only available with the iGaging version, it maintains power to the scales so it retains position if you power down or lose power. Board has the connector and the battery is only ~$25 from AdaFruit.

Back