PTO Driven Pressure Washer

RandyM

Mr. Deliberate
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Since you guys like tractor stuff. I always wanted a PTO driven pressure washer. The market is pretty thin for choices. I really wanted to get rid of my gas powered one and that opportunity presented itself when the pump died of high corrosion. I was able to build this for under $1000. It is tooth belt driven with a speed increase from the 540-rpm tractor output. So here are the pics. Enjoy.

Oh by the way. This thing works FANTASTIC!

Pressure Washer On Tractor 01.JPGPressure Washer On Tractor 02.JPGPressure Washer Soap Bottle.JPGPressure Washer Test Gauge.JPGPressure Washer With Soap.JPGPTO Pressure Washer - 24.JPGPTO Pressure Washer - 22.JPGPTO Pressure Washer - 24.JPG

Have a water tank to tow behind the tractor?
No, like almost all pressure washers it requires a pressurized infeed. Pressure washers are not intended to pump water just pressurize it. I suppose you could have a tank with the proper pump on it. My property is only 2.8 acres. I have enough hose to do everything I need.

No, like almost all pressure washers it requires a pressurized infeed. Pressure washers are not intended to pump water just pressurize it. I suppose you could have a tank with the proper pump on it. My property is only 2.8 acres. I have enough hose to do everything I need.
That's too bad, the belt driven pumps will often pump from an IBC tote without a booster pump.

That is really nice! @RandyM Is there anything you would have done different? The last few parts for my build are arriving soon. I was given the pump and pulleys. (thanks @Janderso)

Thanks. Well, I have used it a half a dozen times now and it works fantastic. The only thing that I have changed is the wand storage fork. I had to change wands and needed to change the way it mounted. Other than that, I have no further plans to change anything. Really looking forward to you seeing your project. Good luck.

Back