Pultra P type

Dell

Registered
Registered
I went to the watch & clock fair recently and although there was not much their was not much to interest me with regards to the torsion clocks I restore I did spot a very nice complete Pultra P type lathe lying on the floor, it also included 15 collets, three jaw scroll chuck and a tip over tool rest , so out of curiosity I asked how much and I couldn’t get the money out quick enough, upon getting it home and stripped down for cleaning and painting I find that all the serial numbers match so I know it all started life together so that is a bonus once I had it back together after painting I checked the runout and it is well less than 0.001mm so very happy, still need to strip, clean and lubricate the crosslide although as I had paint mixed I painted the bits on it that needed painting and still have to strip and check the chuck, had to make a new knob for drawbar because the old one was broken and get some new oil cups as top missing, I haven’t used the original motor because dodgy wiring and anyway I had an industrial sewing machine motor that I had used before and am very pleased with the torque is brilliant even when running very slow.
Dell
IMG_2075.jpegIMG_2075.jpegIMG_2076.jpegIMG_2079.jpegIMG_2080.jpegIMG_1123.jpegIMG_1125.jpegIMG_2089.jpeg

Well that’s annoying spent time making a replacement knob for the drawbar only to find that the first 6mm or so of the thread is knackered, never even thought to look at that , the only one I can find is new modern replacement and it’s to long so I will have to thread it down further and shorten it.
Dell

Back