Qctp

AustinTom

Registered
Registered
Here are some pictures of the quick change tool post I made. I made it from a kit and plans from Metal Lathe Accessories. I've since made a boring bar holder also. And that is the first cut being taken with there new tool post. I find it to be much better than the latter that came with the lathe.

.IMG_0151.JPGIMG_0162.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Austin

VERY NICE! I have looked for QCTP designs and haven't seen that one. I really like it. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Austin,

Great work! You'll get many years of service(and many projects) out of that.
What a great feeling ; making your own tools.

I'll have to go check the MLA description.....does that one handle lock both the tool-holder to the post(by expanding the male side of the dovetail) and the entire post to the cross-slide?

-brino

Good job! I have been thinking of getting one of those kits from MLA too but have been concerned I may not be able to get the tapered parts right.

Good job! I have been thinking of getting one of those kits from MLA too but have been concerned I may not be able to get the tapered parts right.

It's not hard. Just leave the compound set up at the same taper and both will be the same. I highly recommend MLA products. Very good plans, instructions and parts. This isn't the only thing I purchased from him, just the only one I've finished.

Austin

Hey Austin,

Great work! You'll get many years of service(and many projects) out of that.
What a great feeling ; making your own tools.

I'll have to go check the MLA description.....does that one handle lock both the tool-holder to the post(by expanding the male side of the dovetail) and the entire post to the cross-slide?

-brino

Yes the one handle does both. I'm not sure if I like that but time will tell.

Do you have link to the Metal Lathe Accessories web site?

Just cked the site, price for complete kit seems pretty good deal. If I didn't have one all ready I'd do it too. Mines an older enco made different then they do on others , not a piston or wedge type , it's got a totally different design that you cannot even find the holders much anymore every once and a while eBay has some but they get pricey .

Back