Resolved Question: Can non-contributing (registered) members see the Member Map?

extropic

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I just responded to a new (first post) registered member who is in England.

I suggested that he might look at the Member Map for nearby members, but that raised the headline question for me.
Does one have to be a contributing member to view the Member map or do Registered only members have access?

Guests cannot view the member maps. I have to check on whether Registered members can or not.

What did you find WRT registered members?
I would vote that they be allowed to, if they aren't already.

Robert D.

You can see my address in some of my images. However there was a time during a child custody battle that my location was shielded by court order.
Therefore I would suggest not to publish locations anymore accurate than the State or Country they reside..

@extropic, Currently Guests (non-registered) and Registered members cannot see the Member Map.

Thanks Bryan,

Under the "Members" pull down menu, it might be good to add "(Contributing Members)" next to the "Members Map" option. YMMV.

I try not to modify code so as to specify permission levels when I can help it.

The fact that guests and registered members cannot see the member map to begin with *should* imply that they don’t know what they don’t know.

It isn’t perfect but changing the code to spell out a fringe privilege seems counterintuitive to me, making things less perfect and more difficult to manage when upgrades and patches occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the "Members Map" was titled "Contributing Members Map" the issue would be self explanatory and I wouldn't have started this thread.
I can't speak to the intricacies of code, so I've done what I can to try to make the functionality clear. Thanks for your attention.

If the "Members Map" was titled "Contributing Members Map" the issue would be self explanatory and I wouldn't have started this thread.
I can't speak to the intricacies of code, so I've done what I can to try to make the functionality clear. Thanks for your attention.

I completely understand why it would be self explanatory. It wouldn’t be when it disappears after the next patch or update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back