Question On Shipping Inexpensive Items ?

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
How is one able to ship an item ( say $5 or so ) without having to go with the USPS flat rate box at $6.80 ? That kind of shipping charge really puts a damper on re-personing such small objects .

Any ideas or info on this subject greatly appreciated . TIA .

Is it something small that can fit in a padded envelope? Then first class may be less expensive.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

Nothing in general Steve , machine tools , measuring tools etc . I shipped something in a padded envelope from USPS and it was still over $6 . I just see a lot of people on here inquiring about small items all the time . Someone is inquiring about a drill bit gage at the moment . If I don't have 20 of them all of which are nice quality items , but to ask someone to pay $6 bucks on a $4 item is a bit over the edge .

Seriously though, is it possible to set up a shipping post where to, from, approximate l,w,h and wt. are listed for piggybacking on someone elses shipment or trip?

Ship through China? They seem to be able to sell merchandise for under 1$, shipping to the US included.;)

I found out why that is, the free shipping from china and low cost shipping is paid for by Chinese government to help sell more poop at a lower price inc. shipping than it can be made in the place it's going to.

:(

Stuart

for small sheet metal objects I just tape em to a piece of cardboard (from back of a pad or cut from a cereal box. ) Then stuff it in a regular envelope for the price of a stamp.

The same used to be true here, Stuart. At least the subsidized postal service. A century ago, freely accessible low cost shipping was a means of building a country. Then congress decided to semi privatize it.

The USPS will deliver a First Class Parcel across the country for $2.54 for the first 3 oz. and $0.20 for each additional oz. up to 13.

USPS is 100% private funded...but congress screws them over...won't let them have planes..tells them what to drive,,,rips off their retirement $...80 million...then wants them to fund retirement into the next century... they even mandate the "allowable" temperature of a facility....and at the same time all these political bass turds never pay for the crap they mail...

Back