Questions About A Jet Lathe Gh-1340a

I know this may be a little late response about your machine as you have already purchased it. But as stated before, parts............are hard to come by. I've got an older, probably 80's chinaman lathe we broke the compound slide. When I contacted the connection I had for parts, the response was "that is an old machine it will be more to fix it than it is worth, you should just by a new machine." Having said that, every part of that machine can be made by you or some one, or a generac one purchased. If your not in production, loosing $ on down time, patience will allow solutions to come your way. You've already seen the results of that type of thinking, you've bought a parts lathe. (But in time you will be wondering how to repair the parts lathe and put it back in service). Don't ask me how I know.............

Tim

Tim, I don't have to ask how you know, the thought has already crossed my mind. When I started cleaning the protective stuff off the parts machine, I was thinking "This machine has no wear and no user errors inflicted on it, I could make me an almost new machine from it".

Sorry about the photo confusion . I somehow ended up with the parts lathe in both areas of the text and the as found photo down near the signature. It had looked ok on my computer when I posted it. I edited it just now and at least got them in the right place. In the process I got disconnected from the web site. When I logged back in the photos are in the right place but the top one is small and the bottom one is large. Not sure what to do, got to learn this process better.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Selling parts off machine for parts, usually puts the kibosh on returning it to service..........still I look at the 2k KT mill and think wouldn't it be fun to run that thing?

Tim

Back