Radius

If I understand your problem, you're trying to get the same depth on the axis of rotation as you have radially? That isn't going to happen with that tool. You need to have a tool that is small enough so that it's axis of rotation is at the center of the ball. You're way outside. Here's a pic of what's going on

RadiusTool-001_zps767ef499.jpg

That said, you may be cutting a spherical section, it's just not a complete hemisphere.

Jim

If I understand your problem, you're trying to get the same depth on the axis of rotation as you have radially? That isn't going to happen with that tool. You need to have a tool that is small enough so that it's axis of rotation is at the center of the ball. You're way outside. Here's a pic of what's going on

That said, you may be cutting a spherical section, it's just not a complete hemisphere.

Jim

Jim, thanks and you are correct in what I am trying to do. The tool is under 2.500 inches in width and height so that it will do as you mentioned. The picture I have is a partial cut to see how the tool reacted to the cutting and to see where improvements were needed.

The issue that I am having is centering the tool to obtain the depth to radial ratio as you stated. I have tried several methods of centering the tool, today I was successful. I took more time on the set up and measurements resulting in only a few thousands off. I was able to repeat a second time, so now I have a semi-accurate and repeatable method.

Back